Soft, light and fluffy? What more could you ask for in a perfect pancake?!
Here's what you need:
1 ½ tbsp whole milk
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Separate the egg whites and egg yolks.
2. In a medium bowl, combine mild and vanilla to the egg yolks and whisk until frothy.
3. Sift cake flour and baking powder and add to egg yolk mixture. Whisk until combined without over-mixing.
4. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites. Gradually add in sugar. Continue to beat the egg white mixture until it creates stiff peaks when you pull out the mixer.
5. Add 1/3 of the egg yolk mixture to the egg white mixture and combine..
6. Add egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture and incorporate by folding until combined.
7. Place a non-stick pan on the stove and heat at medium-low heat. Place the egg muffin rings on the pan.
8. Spoon about 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the rings. Allow them to cook for about 5 minutes until turning over and finishing the cooking for another 5 minutes.
9. Top hot cakes with berries, syrup, whipped cream and any other toppings you usually enjoy with pancakes
Get the whole fam together and enjoy your brekkie in bed with the freshest produce and delicious recipe thanks to Panetta Mercato.
We want to see yours so get tagging on Instagram @ marrickvillemetro and @panettamercato!