WE'RE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF MARRICKVILLE METRO AT 13-55 EDINBURGH ROAD, MARRICKVILLE HAS BEGUN.
In true Inner West style, the development will ‘up-cycle’ a disused industrial warehouse located next to Marrickville Metro and will maintain much of the existing warehouse façade, whilst extending south between Smidmore Street and Edinburgh Road.
Once completed, the Centre will be expanded from 22,000 square metres to 33,000 square metres, and will host an additional 44 new retailers as well as a fresh food precinct and indoor and al fresco dining options.
This vibrant, eclectic space has been designed to celebrate the food and art culture of Sydney’s Inner West and pay homage to the industrial heritage of the local area, while enhancing the retail, leisure, dining and fresh food offerings of the existing shopping precinct.
On completion the centre will have a:
- Coles Supermarket in addition to Woolworths and Aldi
- additional fresh food supermarket and dedicated fresh food precinct
- comprehensive food and beverage offering including indoor and al fresco dining
- hidden laneway entrance, ideal for local residents
- new, high-quality brands and products.
The development is in its second phase having completed a successful development of the Victoria Road public entrance to the centre (Stage 1A).