Running out of iso-cooking ideas? Get the kids involved and make these easy Chicken Schnitzel skewers.
Here is what you will need:
- olive oil spray
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 11/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup light whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tsp peri peri sauce (optional)
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- handful of mint, shredded
For the chicken schnitzel:
1. Preheat oven grill on high. Spray rack with oil and place over a large foil-lined baking tray.
2. Cut chicken fillets in half through the centre to make 2 thinner fillets.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and chives in a bowl. Season. Combine mayonnaise with peri peri sauce, if using, in a separate bowl. Spread top side of each fillet with 2 tsp mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumb mixture, pressing down firmly.
4. Place chicken, crumbed side up, on rack. Spray well with oil. Grill for 10-12 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through.
Once Schnitzel is cooked:
5. Alternate chunks of schnitzel, cucumber and tomatoes on bamboo skewers.
6. For the salad, mix brown rice, cucumber, watermelon, lettuce, and ricotta in a bowl.
7. in a separate bowl, mix mint and lime juice
8. Drizzle the lime dressing over rice salad and serve with skewers.
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 15 mins
Let us know if you try this recipe and tag us @marrickvillemetro and @woolworths_aus on Instagram!
Thanks to Woolworths, you can find the official recipes for Chicken Schnitzel and Chicken Schnitzel skewers.
Hero Banner Image 📷:Woolworths AU